Our home is the most important thing that we need to protect from Covid-19. These days, we should be keener on finding the best precautions on making ourselves & family safe from any disease. It's been months and we are still living with this current pandemic, but even though in this uncertain future, we need to continue to be responsible with ourselves to protect our family. To continue living, we need to keep our home safe from Covid19.
People say this is the "new normal" and we do not know when it will end. So we have to keep ourselves safe to continue living.
How Does COVID-19 Spread?
- According to the CDC, the virus is thought to be spread mainly from person-to-person. This means it may spread between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), or through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- The CDC also reports that it may be possible for someone to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object with the virus on it, and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
- The best way to prevent illness from COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to the virus, as there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
These are the top 5 ways to keep your home safe from Novel Corona Virus COVID-19:
1. Do not forget to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (Rub all parts of your palm). When you get home and came from outside or travel in public places for a long time, remove your dirty clothes, and put them directly to the laundry. Take a warm bath and clean yourself before getting along with your family or going to bed with your spouse to lessen possible infections.
2. If there is no available water/soap, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, always bring one in your pocket, your child's pocket, or place one dispenser at the entrance of your house, the living room, or bedroom area where there is no instant available water and soap.
3. Boost your immunity by healthy lifestyles such as eating healthy food, fruits, and vegetables. Cook clean and healthy food at home and make less purchase of food at a restaurant or eating outside your home.
4. A healthy mind comes with a healthy body. Prioritizing your health means putting importance on the health of your family. Avoid going to the gym to exercise as of now. Practicing physical activity like yoga exercises, or home exercises, and getting enough sleep while staying at home can keep the immunity strong.
5. Disinfect your home furniture and home decor accessories every day. Clean the surfaces especially in the dining and living room area where more people are staying longer than usual. Clean the sofas, chair, or tables and change the bed sheets every other day to avoid contamination of the virus.